Do I Need Translation Software for My Business?
Imagine a time at work when your boss or coworker asked you to do something, but you didn’t understand the task. Maybe the instructions were unclear, incomplete, or outside your expertise. Or perhaps you couldn’t hear them well due to distractions or external noise. How did the task go? Were you able to complete it to the best of your ability? Did you experience any frustration or stress along the way? If you answered yes to any of these questions, then you have a basic understanding of how non-native English speaking employees feel when assigned jobs or given information in English.
That’s why it’s important that when assigning tasks, scheduling texts to employees who don’t speak your language, or providing them with reminders, you use workplace translation tools for as much clarity as possible. It will stop miscommunication and frustration in daily operations.
Do Businesses Need Translators?
If your business employs non-native English speaking employees, you need translators. Businesses with larger non-native English-speaking workforces may need to hire a translator and interpreter, but at the bare minimum they should use language translation software. Every employee at a company deserves to feel valued and respected, and communicating with them in their native language can help.
While some foreign language speakers may know English, idioms can be confusing and lead to misunderstandings. Companies that need translation services can use software like Yourco’s texting platform to avoid miscommunication. Yourco can translate text messages into 135 different languages. It can even translate colloquial phrases for improved clarity.
The importance of translation in business cannot be overstated. Let’s take a closer look at how clear communication with foreign language employees can benefit your company.
Why Are Translators Important for a Business?
Using translation software is important for a business for many reasons, including:
- Keeping employees safe. Often, companies text non-desk employees to inform them of extreme weather conditions or other emergencies that can cause harm on the job. When your business can translate messages to foreign language speaking employees effectively, you can ensure that they understand the emergency situation and take the recommended safety precautions.
- Enabling non-native English speaking employees to do their best work. Whether employees speak the same language as you or not, you must communicate all instructions to them clearly and completely for them to finish tasks effectively. With translation systems in place, your messages to foreign language speaking employees will also be clear and complete.
- Allowing for two-way communication. Two-way communication is important for a couple of reasons. First, it allows employees to ask clarifying questions and give feedback so they can do their jobs well. It also builds trust and respect between supervisors and employees. With Yourco, you can also translate the messages you receive from non-native English speakers.
- Promoting collaboration. Two-way communication with foreign language speaking employees also allows for better collaboration. Collaboration drives innovation and leads to better business.
- Building a thriving workplace. When employees feel respected, heard, and prepared to do their jobs, they will thrive. This, in turn, will create a healthy workplace.
- Creating a positive brand image. A supportive and accommodating workplace helps in building a positive brand image because it shows those interested in working for your company that you will value them no matter what language they speak. It will attract applicants to your business and promote workforce growth.
- Experiencing more business success. When employees are happy with their jobs and do them well, business processes run much smoother and more efficiently. It will allow you to complete more in less time, saving you money and enabling innovation and growth.
If you want to experience all these benefits and more, you need to use Yourco for translating text messages to your non-desk employees.
Which Is the Best Software for Translation in Texts? Yourco!
With Yourco, translating text messages to employees is as simple as:
- Typing your message
- Selecting the language you want to translate to
- Hitting translate before sending
No more having to use translation dictionaries or other online translation tools to communicate with non-native English speaking employees. Plus, your employees won’t have to learn how to use a new platform or download anything to receive these text messages—they come through as normal SMS messages!
Yourco provides this translation technology with the platform subscription. To see how it works, schedule a demo.